Preppy & Pink

Monday, August 27, 2012

CLASSIC WITH A TWIST

CLASSIC WITH A TWIST

Ever since I was a little girl, I have been obsessed with planning my
dream wedding. I would look through pictures for hours on end and my
best friend even helped me create a desktop folder full of potential ideas.
Then Pinterest came along, and you can probably guess how I spend my free time.

None of my wedding ideas were ever outlandish or funky. I like to think
of my dream wedding as how I think of my fashion sense:
classic with a twist.

I will wear white, have traditional flowers, and matching bridesmaids, but there
are tons of little quirks to throw in, especially for the reception, to
personalize the day and make guests feel at home.

Here are some {cute} and {fun} ideas:


What could be {preppier} than navy striped ribbon?
Dress up a classic and simple bouquet with a uniquely tied ribbon in
{preppy} colors to match your wedding.



This couple used Personalized Koozies (similar) for reception drinks.
The other side reads "To Have and To Hold and Keep Your Beer Cold"!
That is a great take home item for guests to remember your BIG day!


Another great way to serve drinks is in traditional Mason Jars.
{I mean, we are from the south, right?!?!}
Tie coordinating {preppy} ribbon around them to add even more 
southern charm.


One of the hardest decisions to make is what to give as favors!
Preppy & Pink girls are ALL about some personalization, so
choose something important to your family & their traditions. This couple gave their
guests the mother of the groom's famous homemade truffles! YUMMY!

Whatever you choose to do on your big day, just remember that {classic}
NEVER goes out of style, there is ALWAYS room for one more monogram
& you can NEVER have too much "preppy"!


*Post by blog contributor Kate Roe









0 comments:

Post a Comment