Preppy & Pink

Monday, January 24, 2011

CHARLEE'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! {Olivia The Pig}







Wrapped some black and white damask fabric around Charlee's seat and tied some balloons on it, and mixed it right in with the decor!



We got all the little girls red boa's and had a photo session with "OLIVIA"

I think that she had a good time!


My and my little Cha-Cha! Love her to pieces!!!

Last June, (pre-blog) my precious little niece Charlee (aka...Cha-Cha, Chuckers, ChaCha-roni, just to mention a few of the nicknames I created for her) had her very first birthday party! My sister enlisted my help with the party planning and decorating. After giving it much thought, we came up with the cutest little OLIVIA THE PIG themed party! I have been waiting to post this closer to Valentine's Day because I think that Olivia would make a simply divine Valentines party theme also! If you have ever seen the Olivia cartoon, you know that the color theme is mostly black, white, and red. I decided to stick with that theme for Charlee's party and just used lots of variations of prints and fabrics in those colors. My love for polka dots runs deep, so of course I added polka dots whenever I had a chance. I made little treat buckets for the kids, tissue paper flowers to hang from the ceiling, cupcake toppers (they were a DIY pattern), centerpieces, a birthday banner, etc. My sister ordered Charlee a cute little pillowcase dress made out of OLIVIA fabric and she also hired an awesome photographer, Amanda Rowe of Visive Design, to capture all of the special moments on film. You can take a look at all the party pics here CHARLEE'S 1st BIRTHDAY
ENJOY!!!







4 comments:

  1. This was such an awesome party...you are AMAZING and super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely ADORE Olivia! BEAUTIFUL party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Your daughters first birthday looked like so much fun! I am thinking of doing the same theme for my daughters first could you give me more details on where you got your decor and stuff. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. First birthdays are special. It is all seen in the pictures. We have made a list of many venues for a dashing cocktail party. But home studios NYC that are centrally located is a perfect place to fulfill our blasting Dj night. Will order drinks and baked snacks from reputed stores and lavish dinner will be managed by my friend's known caterers.

    ReplyDelete