Preppy & Pink

Thursday, June 14, 2012

IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT... EAT ICE CREAM!

Hey ya'll! I would like to introduce you to our guest blogger today!
Heather is the owner of "Pretty Southern" and is a graphic designer that does some
 design work for Preppy & Pink! Her little girl, Whitley Pearl, just celebrated her 2nd
birthday with an Ice Cream Theme party that was TDF {to die for}. In true
Preppy & Pink style, no detail was over looked! Enjoy Heather's recap of
the big day below...

Hey guys! It is Heather! I just wanted to share a 'sneak peak' at my little girl,
Whitley Pearl's second birthday party! It was a small family affair, but we still
wanted it to be super sweet and special! I wasn't sure what I was going to do for a
long time, but I totally loved this ice-cream truck idea! it would have been way
cute to do in the summer, I really would have hired an ice-cream truck to come
park for a few hours, lol! But, it was in February, and that just wasn't really ideal! 
So, we totally made it really fun and bright! First off, I based all of the party
colors off of her outfit {By Mud-Pie} & we went from there.  I wanted it to feel
really young and playful. My next step was to design the invitation from scratch.
...annnnd...
Whitley's Ice Cream Shack was born!
You can purchase your own Ice Cream Party invites HERE

We had ice-cream in mason jars, root-beer and cream-soda on hand for 'floats'
and of course, polka-dot paper straws {Shop Sweet Lulu}! SweeTreats by Keri
made my idea of ice-cream sundae cupcakes come alive! They were super sweet!
We topped them with real cherries, and sweet pearl sprinkles...just perfect for
little Whitley Pearl! My mom found the ice-cream pinatas...and she was sweet
enough to hand-stitch this beautiful table-cloth for me!
{...xoxo...she's the best!}

My favorite idea for the party was hand-dipping the waffle bowls in white
chocolate and then topping them with the pearl sprinkles.  We then used them to
hold all of our ice-cream toppings...sprinkles, chocolate chips, and marshmallows!
The sweetest touch was her brother hand-cut her cup-cake topper so he was
super proud of his work!

Hope you enjoyed your sneak peak of Whitley Pearl's Ice-Cream Shack!
xoxo...heather


1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth "Birdie" Carnevale from Cake It Up, LLC following on Twitter, Facebook, subscribed to Blog via Google Please enter me into contest and I'm pinning the bracelet to that I LOVE MONOGRAMS! We do monograms for our Couture Cake Stands to so fab.

    ReplyDelete